PDSA cares for the pets of needy people by providing free veterinary services to their sick and injured animals and by promoting responsible pet ownership.
Today PDSA is Britain's leading veterinary charity. Every working day their skilled and dedicated veterinary staff treat thousands of pets nationwide.
Each year PDSA provides over 1 million free consultations to sick and injured animals making a major difference not only to individual clients and their pets but also to national animal welfare.
World renowned photographer, Lord Lichfield, has generously donated his time to photograph some of the nation’s favourite celebrities with their pets.
The twelve ‘pawtraits’, which capture the special relationship between the celebrities and their pets, feature in a unique calendar produced for the first time and called PDSA Pet Pawtraits 2004 - to raise money that will contribute towards the treatment of sick and injured animals.
The celebrities photographed with their pets are:
- Wendy Richard, with Shirley Brahms II
(pictures left and above, notice that Shirley is also wearing a tiara!)
- Comedian, Paul O’Grady, with Buster and Louis
- Actress, Jenny Seagrove, with Kizzy
- Photographer, Lord Lichfield, with Drum (picture below)
- Radio 1 DJ, Sara Cox, with Snoop
- TV presenter, Johnny Vaughan, with Harvey
- Chef, Antony Worrall Thompson, with Jessica and Trevor
- TV presenter, Gail Porter, with Missy
- Actor, William Roache, with Cindy, Harry, Oliver and Poppy
- Actress, Amanda Holden, with Nobbie and Fudge
- Actress, Lucy Speed, with Daisy (picture left)
Wendy says of this charity:
"Shirley is important to me because for the years I was alone she was my only companion. She gives me unconditional love and loyalty. Pets are your best friends; they ask you no questions, they tell you no lies.
PDSA does sterling work. It helps those who cannot afford expensive vets bills and the animals still get the finest treatment possible, so please give your donations generously to help those who need the PDSA."
To obtain a copy of this beautiful calendar, please visit the
PDSA online shop at: http://www.eshop.pdsa.org.uk/
PDSA is registered charity no. 208217