The main interface works like Explorer with facilities like:
- directory tree structure
- draging and droping facility (from and to Explorer/desktop) either in the
tree, detail list or the thumbs
- choice of detail list or thumbnail mode
- Showing movie collection also as thumbnails so you can keep the encripted
filename. The thumbnail is made based on the one third position still
picture (the very begining is oftenly empty).
- preview pane
- file deletion (to recycle-bin)
- file renaming etc.
There are three viewer modes available beside the preview pane available:
Windowed, full-screen and multiple window with features like:
- Image zooming in and out
- Image scrolling
- slide show, including movie
- keyboard short-cut or right-click popup menu to control
- movie player with variable speed slow motion facility (only for mpg and
avi). Nice for the climax part ;-)
Some very useful tools/features are also included, including:
- html album creator which will create the html page with links to each
image/movie including the needed thumbnails
- multiple windowed display so you can see several pictures/movies at once.
- batch numeric rename
- image labeling (could be useful although I hate to download labeled
- batch sample picture creation. The result will be downgraded to lower the
- picture file encapsulation. The file will have jph extension and can only
be displayed with MxTools. Why? well I have a doughter that start using my
computer and I think some images there are not suitable for her. Beside
changing the extension and add some header nothing is changed to the image
data (asuming the source is jpg). This way, reconverting it back to jpg will
not reduce its quality.
- file format convertion (between bmp, gif, jpg and jph)
- index picture creator. One picture showing tiled thumbnails
- picture rotation
- and may be more now, since I don't spend much time editing this page.....
- Some older video cards does not allow movie capture to create movie
- My old computer does not allow me to run more than one movie at a time.
- So far MxTools lite support only format which are used in homepages like
jpg, gif and bmp for images and mpg, avi and asf for movie.