View the Curta in 3D / Stereo
The BS Contact VRML/X3D viewer can show the Worlds in 3D / Stereo
Several Stereo hardware solutions are supported.
This description is for Red/Green glasses.
The Red Green glasses
Cheap and nasty red/green glasses are perfectly suitable.
Note that the BS Contact Stereo setting calls for Red/Blue glasses.
Red/Green work quit acceptable.
Setting the Stereo mode
- Right Click in the viewer window to open the menu
- Select Settings
- Select Stereo
- Check Red/Blue
- Keep pressing Shift-Keypad - or Shift-Keypad + to adjust the separation
- You can flip the left right views in the menu
- The current separation distance is displayed in the status bar
- This is what it should look like
- Put on the Red/Green glasses (green for the right eye) and enjoy
The 3D / Stereo effects is best viewed when you set the background to black.
You can use the following shortcut keys to adjust the separation distance while viewing the Curta.
- Shift Keypad - decrease separation
- Shift Keypad + increase separation