With and for you I create your web-site. We start by defining the steps that will lead to the first official release of the web-site. Roughly the process consists of the following activities:
Sizing the efforts involved is only possible after doing the conceptual design, the first design iteration. I have not yet found a situation where expectations would not relate to the required efforts. One general statement can be made. There is a big difference between presentation oriented sites, such as this one, and interactive sites. Interactive sites, where you are going to get actually involved with individual visitors, tend to require a lot more programmed logic. In this case you may for instance need a database to identify visitors and there intentions such as ordering products. You may need interfaces from the web-site to your back office systems. Obviously web sites with such a scope are far more time consuming to build than the presentation type of web sites.
- identify the purpose and targeted audience
- collect the raw materials such as texts, photographs, house-style
- iterate a design and design evaluation activity
- build and install a beta version to, from trusted external sources, collect feedback
- build and install the web-site and provide documentation to ease maintenance