BigBand - composing music for small ensembles
Last updated: febr 2011
- Fast note entering for instruments and percussion.
- Piano-roll or staff display.
- Instrument sounds from extended FM synthesis, additive synthesis, samples (GUS patches) or mono synthesizer.
- Percussion from WAVE samples.
- File- and directory chooser.
- Meter and key changes at any moment.
- MIDI file import and export.
- WAVE file export.
- C file export (to be used by another program).
- Patch creation from WAVE file.
- Printable scores, with chords and annotations.
- Help for the deriving of chords.
- Audio output using ALSA or Jack.
- MIDI output to ALSA sequencer bus.
Source code with manual: bigband-1.2.tar.gz (date: sept 2011)
Platform: Linux. Porting should be easy because SDL libraries are used for the GUI.
|Listen: ||Lekker Boos [mp3]|
|Listen: ||Me Like The Springtime (Michel Fabre) [ogg]|
|Listen: ||How Low (from MIDI output) [mp3]|
|Look: ||the score of this piece (for saxes, bass and drums) [pdf]|
|Listen: ||3 times the same tune:|
Native BigBand sound (where the final chords are sung by our cat)
Melody from amSynth (a single-voice polyphonic synthesizer), drums from Timidity
Melody from MiniComputer (an 8-voice monophonic synthesizer), final chords from Aeolus (a superb church organ),
drums from Hydrogen