BigBand - composing music for small ensembles
Last updated: april 2012
- Fast note entering for instruments and percussion.
- Piano-roll or staff display.
- Instrument sounds from extended FM synthesis, additive synthesis, samples (GUS patches) or mono synthesizer.
- Percussion from WAVE samples.
- File- and directory chooser.
- Meter and key changes at any moment.
- MIDI file import and export.
- WAVE file export.
- C file export (to be used by another program).
- Patch creation from WAVE file.
- Printable scores, with chords and annotations.
- Help for the deriving of chords.
- Audio output from ALSA or Jack.
- MIDI output to ALSA sequencer bus.
- Copy/paste notes from another BigBand program.
Source code: bigband-1.3.tar.gz (may 7, 2012)
NB! To compile, a recent version of gcc is needed, supporting lambda
expressions (gcc option -std=c++0x).
Platform: Linux. Porting should be easy because SDL libraries are used for the GUI.
|Listen: ||Lekker Boos [mp3]|
|Listen: ||Me Like The Springtime (Michel Fabre) [ogg]|
|Listen: ||How Low (from MIDI output) [mp3]|
|Look: ||the score of this piece (for saxes, bass and drums) [pdf]|
|Listen: ||3 times the same tune:|
Native BigBand sound (where the final chords are sung by our cat)
Melody from amSynth (a single-voice polyphonic synthesizer), drums from Timidity
Melody from MiniComputer (an 8-voice monophonic synthesizer), final chords from Aeolus (a superb church organ),
drums from Hydrogen