(Pacific Disaster Center: Natural Hazards and Vunerabilities Atlas (September 2, 2009) Click MAP for situation of TODAY.
Fires in the World at the Web Fire Mapper (September 2, 2009). Click MAP for situation of TODAY.
Earth Observatory: Natural Hazards (September 2, 2009) Click link for situation of TODAY
Fires | Severe storms | Dust, smore and haze | Floods | Volcanoes and earthquakes | Crops and drought | Unique imagery
- The Newsroom, where NASA news announcements, summaries of headline news, listings of new published research, media alerts and more are updated each week.
- Data & Images lists all the global-scale measurements displayed by the Earth Observatory, and the months for which they are available.
- Features like tracking the Water Quality, the Hantavirus Risk, the Reunion Island Volcano and Ozone in the lower atmosphere (troposphere).
- A Glossary explains terminology and concepts.
- The Mission Control presents detailed information on current and planned Earth observing missions. J-Track provides live the positions of an number of satellites, the Sun and and day/night over the Earth.
- The Experiments focus on how NASA uses Remote Sensing to study how and why Earth changes and can be used to teach all ages about the art and science of space-based Remote Sensing.
ANOTHER HAZARDS AP: Natural Hazards Map NATural Hazards Assessment Network (Runs only correctly with Microsoft Explorer 6.x or higher).
Lightpollution.it is the English name for the Italian website Inquinamentoluminoso.it of the Light Pollution Science and Technology Institute. The item The night sky in the World demonstrates the world wide light pollution and shows what we miss. At the picture you see left many stars at a bright sky; right only a few because of light pollution. How is the sky outside your home?
Where is North Korea? (Globalsecurity.org) >
No light pollution in North Korea, according to this item in 2002 of Global Security. US Defense Secretary Rumsfeld stated: "If you look at a picture from the sky of the Korean Peninsula at night, South Korea is filled with lights and energy and vitality and a booming economy; North Korea is dark."
OTHER LINKSInternational Dark Sky Association | The growing problem of light pollution (Astrosurf.com)
There is a chanche to see the Northern Lights at your monitor from the village of Porjus in Swedish Lapland. This is the place where Northern Lights are most frequently seen and are at their best.
Aurora Activity: Aurora North | Aurora South (NOAA POES)
Natural events |
Climate change |
Media: World Atlas | Press | TV > Radio & video | Twitter and more
Webcams: World Webcam Monitor Index > Unprotected webcams > Cruiseship cams > Weird > List of webcams and more
Publicaties: Artikelen en features | Arnhem Spookstad | Rees: De verzwegen deportatie | 100 jaar Apeldoornse Courant
Various: Dutch Courage's Boeken | Guitar at Charles Bridge
This site is on the web since August 30, 2001
The images belong to their respective owners
Concept: © Andreas K. Horlings (Dutch Courage)