Welcome to ALT.BINARIES.KARAOKE
We are a group of people, from
many different countries, committed to making and sharing MIDI karaoke files
using MIDI sequences. you can find the newsgroups in Outlook Express or using
different other programs.
Welcome to our group and the wonderful world of midi karaoke.
Please note the following:
1. alt.binaries.karaoke (this group)deals with midi karaoke;
2. alt.binaries.sounds.karaoke deals mostly with CD+G, MP3 and
3. In the case of midi, where sounds are generated by the sound card or module, and not recorded in the file, the quality of the sound card or module can make a big difference in the quality of the resulting sound;
4. In the case of CD+G, MP3-CDG and other digital recording formats, the sound is already recorded and the sound card may be less important than other equipment in determining the quality of the playback.
5. Please do not post MP3 or CD+G
Please do not post messages
concerning other format files such as MP3 or CD &G etc here since they are
considered off topic.
( for MP3, CD&G go to alt.binaries.sound.karaoke or alt.music.karaoke)
Do some homework first
and then if you have any questions or problems just post on A.B.K someone will
be pleased to try and help.
There are lots of nice and helpful folks on this group.
For the A.B.K.
For the A.B.K.
for more infos on midi karaoke:
Main places for Karaoke Info's:
Various karaoke players:
Mark Feavers Player:
download older versions here
download version 4 here
Software to make a Kar File:
Viper's Kar: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~viper01/karaoke.htm
http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/mysticmeg/4/ (doesn't exist?)
Kar et midi Québécois et Francophone
http://karapottes.rebelz.org/ (doesn't exist?)
Also you can get
much more info on midi related questions on midi specific
newsgroups such as: alt.music.midi
MIDI FAQ: http://home.sc.rr.com/cosmogony/ammfaq.html
This page has been created by Louis-Simon Quellet on Jan 3rd 2001