Wirdum, the bridge between the streets Legedyk and Greate Buorren.
The dairy-factory in Wirdum until 26th of March 1964.
Swichum with on the right The Aytta Gods House.
The former railwaystation of Wirdum.
Wirdum, the station's coffeehouse. Nowadays the Highway A32 is located at this place.
Two spiderhead windmills of Barrahus.
Old Wirdum, church with 2 towers in the year 1790. Sculpture possibly made by Jacob Pieters Vogel (1811-1864).
Sculpture in private ownership.
New Wirdum until 1805. On the local pub signboard.
Farmhouses east of the church. The one on the left is today the villagehouse used for parties and indoor-sports. The one on the right is replaced in 1964 by houses for the elderly.
The bridge east of the church.
The Tsjaarder bridge, now of concrete because the old one was worn out by modern traffic.
During the 20th century the Wirdum family doctors lived in this stately building.
The merry-go-round standing on the small square near the church was one of
the most popular entertainments on the Year-market in the late twenties.
The square was also used by the school children as marble alley.
Former parsonage. Over one century the pastors of the Dutch Reformed
Church of Wirdum lived in this mansion, which has been built in various
Former primary school and former nursery school.
The crashed Wellington Bomber close to the village of Wirdum.