This is the home of the 'se401' and the 'epcam' linux drivers look in the table bellow which driver you need:
|Aox se401 camera||SE401||se401|
|Philips PCVC665 USB VGA webcam 'Vesta Fun'||SE401||se401|
|Kensington VideoCAM PC Camera Model 67014||SE401||se401|
|Kensington VideoCAM PC Camera Model 67015||SE401||se401|
|Kensington VideoCAM PC Camera Model 67016||SE401||se401|
|Kensington VideoCAM PC Camera Model 67017||SE401||se401|
|Rimax Slim Multicam||SE402||epcam|
|Concord Eye-Q Easy||SE402||epcam|
The SE401, SE402 and EP800 chips are made by EndPoints.
Note that this is not an official endpoints driver.
Some pictures taken with a Philips Vesta Fun camera:
Me - 320x240
My fish - 640x480
More fish - 640x480
It has been a while since version 0.6... Sorry for that....
Version 0.7 now supports the 2.6 kernel.
epcam-linux-2.6.1.rxq3.diff (v0.7, patch against 2.6.1 but should apply to later kernels too.)
epcam-0.6.diff(patch against 2.4.20)
epcam-0.5.diff(patch against 2.4.20pre5)
epcam-0.4.diff(patch against 2.4.20pre5)
The se401 driver is now part of the main kernel tree, updates will be done there! You will find it in the later 2.4 kernels.
Changes between 0.19 and 0.20:
- Fix for proper left row in bayer decoder.
- Small fixes for uhci.
Changes between 0.18 and 0.19:
- Better bayer decoder that works for all sizes.
- Better resetlevel adjustment.
Changes between 0.17 and 0.18:
- All sizes that fit on the sensor work without compression.
- Restart capturing when getting to many errors.
- Big cleanup.
Changes between 0.16 and 0.17:
- Fixed hang on PPC systems
- Changed SE401_NUMSBUF to 1 to enable the driver to work with usb-uhci
(ohci users can set this to for example 8 for higher framerates)
Changes between 0.15 and 0.16:
- Bayer decoder should now work for _all_ sizes (really this time :)
- Fix size setting for 200x152 (this change might also break 200x152 support...)
Changes between 0.14 and 0.15:
- Changed bayer format decoding, should fix rolling pictures and almost doubles the framerate.
Changes between 0.13 and 0.14:
- Moved video decoding out of irq function.
- flickerless mode (use flickerless=50 or flickerless=60 when loading the module)
Changes between 0.12 and 0.13:
- Image enhancement (you can turn it on and off using 'whiteness' controls).
- Removed old 'irq while not streaming' error message.
Changes between 0.11 and 0.12:
- Use queued bulk transfers.
- Make v4l names shorter than 32 characters.
Changes between 0.10 and 0.11:
- Image settings cleanup.
- Compiles under 2.4.0-test12 and 2.2.18
(Only 2.4.0-test12 tested)
Changes between 0.09 and 0.10:
- Minor fix for eternal sleep on first open.
Changes between 0.08 and 0.09:
- Really (?) fixed size setting this time
- fixed image settings
- Fixed dissappearing bulk transfers.
Changes between 0.07 and 0.08:
- Bad packets shouldn't cause system freezes
- Added device id tables
- Optimized bayer decoding a little bit.
Changes between 0.06 and 0.07:
- Changed size selecting to support more than 3 sizes.
- Xawtv works (ugly hack)
Changes between 0.05 and 0.06:
- fixed /proc ifdefs
- changed resubmitting urbs (data pump still sucks, but should be slightly better)
- setting clipcount to zero in VIDIOCGWIN
- should compile on 2.2 kernels with usb
Changes between 0.04 and 0.05:
- fixed /proc info for minors larger than 9
- rewrote JungGa decompressor (should be somewhat faster)
- much better data handling
Changes between 0.03 and 0.04:
- Auto reset level calculation
- fixed 'se401_get_feature'
Changes between 0.02 and 0.03:
- Better checks for bad JangGu frames
- Replaced junga with JangGu, got to learn to read :)
- Hot unplugging while streaming video fixed.