The main purpose of this
program is to monitor any traffic
that is using a LAN
adapter. (This is your Ethernet or Token ring network card)
will not monitor dial-up or modem connections!
The main window of LanSpeed2
The tray icon in the taskbar
- Windows 98,
ME, XP, 2000 or NT with service pack 4 or higher
- Windows installer
(see download section)
- Microsoft Visual
Basic 6.0 runtime files (see download
Now you can:
- See if anyone is
accessing your computer without you knowing it.
- See why it takes so long to download a file or page.
- Check if your
connection is alive
- Check your internet
- Check your average
download and upload speed
- Check the amount of
data you downloaded or uploaded
LanSpeed2 has an icon that sits in the taskbar so you can see if there is
any upload or download activity.
Hover the mouse over the icon to
see your current upload and download speeds.
Click the icon to open the main window or right-click it for more
The main window will
show a graphical display for up- and download.
The range will auto-adjust to the highest visible value in the graph
- Supports up to 10 adapters at once.
- Select one of 3 kinds of draw
- Supports transparency (Windows 2000
and XP only)
- Fade in and fade out effects
(Windows 2000 and XP only)
- Show 5, 10, 15 or no gridlines with
- Graph can be reset when peak values
mess up the range.
- Can be set to show on top of all
- Option to start
without showing the main window.
- A Real-time indication bar will
show up and download as they occur.
- Window can be resized
- The main window has
no border that will interfere with replacement desktops.
- Option to keep a log file.
- Added option to hide the range
- Reduced processor usage with
gradient background selected.
- Fixed the 'Error 0' bug when
creating a new log file.
- Fixed the 'Bad file name' bug
when the help icon in the menu was clicked.
- Fixed the problems with dragging
the main window in Windows 98/ME.
- Fixed the problem with the menu
when the taskbar was on the top or the left of the screen
- Added a log file viewer.
- Added a 'Start with Windows'
- Added a help file.
- Added a total per day counter.
- Added a total per Windows session
- When the main window is at the
bottom of the screen it will shift up when details are shown.
- Fixed the screen flicker while
dragging the main window.
- Updated the bars graph, bars are
now aligning to the right without gaps.
- Fixed a memory leak, because of
this we had to drop support for Windows 95.
- Increased speed.
- Uses less processor time as
- Added option to split the up and
download into 2 graphs (like LanSpeed2 v 2.0.5).
- Added Anti-aliasing option to be
used when draw style is lines or connected dots.
(Works best when selecting a light colour for background)
- Added normalising to the range,
at least the top values will be rounded.
- Showing details will now drop
down instead of up.
- Fixed: when started minimized and
closed without opening the main window,
LanSpeed2 would restore the default window positions.
- Added indication bar to show up
and download even when the update speed is set
to a large value.
- Added option for 120 bars or
point to increase the graph resolution when using
lines or connected dots.
- Moved all graph settings to menu:
'Set Draw style >'
- Fixed the menu bug on Win 95, 98,
ME and NT.
- Added options to show or hide
upload and download.
- Added option to minimize the
range. (range will be printed sideways)
- Changed the way to show or hide
details to the right mouse button.
- Added option to start minimized.
- Changed extension of the log file
so it will be opened with notepad.
- Fixed bug : when Always on Top
was on, message boxes became unreachable.
- Fixed some typo's.
- Completely new interface.
- Uses a log file to see the amount
of traffic you generated.
- The main window is now borderless.
- Hide or show details with 1 mouse
- Supports transparency. (Windows
2000 and XP only)
- Fade-in and fade-out effects
(Windows 2000 and XP only)
- Choose from 3 kind of draw styles:
bars, connected dots or lines.
- Use a gradient background.
- Monitor several adapters at once.
- Supports side-by-side installation
to monitor more than one adapter separately.
If you are using Windows
2000, ME or XP there are no additional requirements.
If you are using Windows 98 or NT4 check that you have the Windows Installer installed on
This component provides safe and secure software install/uninstall.
If you do not have Windows Installer, you can download it free of charge.
Windows Installer ANSI (Windows 95/98/Me) version 2.0
Windows Installer Unicode (Windows NT/2000/XP) version 2.0
Download LanSpeed2 version 3.0.7 Installer LanSpeed2.msi
If you have problems with the MSI
installer you can try the manual installation.
Instructions on how to install are in the zip file.
Download LanSpeed2 version 3.0.7 Manual Install
LanSpeed2_307.zip (678 KB)
Note : LanSpeed2 needs the
Basic 6 (sp5) Runtime files (1 MB)